I really like the fabric I used for this thank you card (Tea time C cakes large floral) and it goes so well with the stamps.
Inks: Pens were used here straight onto the stamps: Tombo 703 and 098, Whispers sugarloaf Basic blue
Card: white, Old olive textured
Stamps: Stampin up Just believe, Technique Tuesday Borderline Bijou borders
Other: fabric: Tea time C cakes large floral
I had time today for a wee play with some plain calico. I was inspired by the article by Rachel Jackson in the August issue of Craft Stamper magazine about block printing. I didn’t have half the stash that she used so I had to improvise but I am pleased with the result and would definitely do this again.
Inks: Archival Cobalt, Versacraft Autumn leaf and Emerald, Brilliance Moonlight white
Card: ivory card and plain calico
Stamps: Magenta frond, Flourish (unknown), English Stamp Co. Paisley, free flower stamp from craft stamper mag, text stamp
Other: Ecoline liquid water colour Scarlet and Chartreuse, Lumière metallic acrylic Sunset Gold. UHU textile colour (not very good) red, sequins, seed beads, flower centre and gold stickles
I have been playing with a few transfer techniques in order to get digital images onto fabric. The lady on the left (Mata Hara) was printed onto T shirt transfer paper then the image transferred to plain calico by heat transfer (craft iron). The lady to
the right (lady with rose) was printed onto inkjet printable acetate then the image transferred onto Gel medium which had been painted onto the plain calico. As I wanted both images to have a slightly worn look I added a grunge border (Jessica Prague’s) before printing. The T shirt transfer material can also be distressed a little if you tear (carefully) rather than cutting the image out and you can add a bit more distress by scraping bits away with your thumb nail. The acetate transfer came out very dark so in future I will remember to brighten the image before printing. Also the more pressure you use to burnish the image the more the ink smudges. The images used are from Art-e-zine
Inks: Distress ink Bundles sage sponged on the edges of the fabric
Card/fabric: Green card, plain calico
Other: Decadry T shirt transfer paper, gems
Lady with rose Inks: Stampin up Not quite navy sponged on the edges
Card/fabric: beige card, plain calico
Other: seed beads, sequin flowers, Prima SIP embellishment, fluffy fibre, printable acetate
I made this brooch for Carolyn’s tactile textile challenge and it was quite a challenge for me. I thought it would be fairly easy to just sew a few layers of fabric then sew a few embellishments to it, but I changed the layers so many times and I just couldn’t make up my mind where to add the bits and bobs so it has taken me ages to finish. The coins are actually quite fragile so the bit with the hole in it is easily snapped off.
Fabric pieces, black nylon mesh, cloisonné beads, sequins, seed beads, fibres, small piece of chain, 3 coin embellishments, brooch back, black thread