As some of you may be aware I have been mucking around with printing onto fabric. This is a photograph of Harry in the botanic gardens feeding a pigeon (peanut in his mouth). I altered the colours and made it negative (I think – I altered it so much that I can’t remember what I did!) then printed it onto cotton poplin photo fabric. This was cut out, frayed, tinted around the edge, ironed onto interfacing along with some fusible fibres. I found the self adhesive Fozz felt flower border a real pain to use as the backing paper came off in tiny bits rather than in one piece.
I could probably have just used the freezer paper ironed onto fabric for this as it does not need to be washable but I am just dabbling in new techniques just now.
It looks sooooo bright here but it fades a lot once it is printed.
Inks: green ink for around the fabric border
Card: Doodlebug Pastel plaid, BoBunny My darling cut out and My darling Bella
Other: Cotton poplin photo fabric, iron-on interfacing, fusible fibre, green/gold mesh, Kaisercraft Fozz felt Flower power lime, fabric flower trim